THE PLATFORM FOR ARTISTIC EXPRESSION
OBJECTIVES OF ARTRA
1. To create an Artistic communities that brings together different Artistic circles in one platform.
2. Create a culture that encourages critical analysis on works of Art.
3. To provide comprehensive information/event updates on artistic initiatives.
4. Provide a platform that showcases different genres and imaginative spaces for Art in one space.
5. Function as the platform that represents Sri Lankan artistry to the internatinal community.
CONTENT OF ARTRA MAGAZINE
In line with this agenda, ARTRA Magazine has six sections including ‘works of art and personalities’ which coincide with the theme of each edition directly. The main focus of this section is to transmit academic thought about art more accessible through simpler representations. The second section titled ‘Art Circles’ provide spaces for sustainable artistic bodies in Sri Lanka to highlight their agenda and showcase how they are promoting the arts. On this section we have the most recognized art associations such as the Barefoot Gallery, HSBC’s Colombo Fashion Week, The Committee of the Gratian Awards, Saskia Fernando Gallery, Collective of Contemporary artists [CoCA] etc. Other sections include ‘Art performances and Reviews’,’ Art Calendar’ and ‘Art Tips’.